Wednesday 22 February 2012

Prologue

Introduction


Hope. Lets us start with hope. Brothers and sisters, allow me a moment of your time.

I am Rebekah. I am a Jedi.

If you know anything of us, of the guardians of the Republic, then that is all I should need to say. You know without doubt that I defend those with no voice, that I place myself in threat instead of risking others, that I battle darkness and injustice where ever I may challenge it, that I bring hope to those who at the hands of darkness have forsaken it, that I make decision calmly and thoughtfully without anger or passion.

A way of life that I live up to. Most of the time!

As a Padawn learner with the Jedi order I found their traditions to be very . . . traditional. They did the same things, the same ways, as have been done for centuries. Always. Teachings were based on past Masters now long since gone, living in a galaxy without the intense Sith and Emperor's threat, devastating lives across countless planets, right now. Each day we fail to act is another day of oppression and suffering and victory for the Empire. My teachers were not good at hasty. They oft times called me rash, rushing into situations.

"Feel the Force force flow through you, allow if to guide you," but not too much . . . the Council guides and controls, through the Jedi Council and the Masters and the teachers. I was only allowed to trust to my intuition so far.

My Master felt I was a brilliant student of the Force, it flows strongly within me, I listen to the Force as it guides me, yet this affords a certain freethinking impulsiveness that my Master found, well, a touch challenging. I listen to the sage wisdom of my colleagues, I listen to the words of the Jedi Council, but before all this I feel the Force flowing through me. This has lead to a few differences in points of view!

I know little of most of the planets and am enthusiastic to adventure, to explore, to see the lives and people 'pon different worlds! My mother was a Jedi, strong in the Force, working against the Empire so travelled to countless planets. My early years were lived in space, about a massive floating medical frigate, before joining the Jedi and embarking upon a new path . . .

. . . a path that I now will not walk alone, for others journey with me, sharing notions of a better future, sharing hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment